The last few weeks, I’ve been dedicating myself to find egg-free breakfasts that work on a paleo and Whole30 diet. Eggs have always been such a staple to my mornings that I’ve really had to push myself to find ways to make some tasty breakfasts. This peach and sweet potato bake has the protein added hemp-hearts that will satisfy your morning hunger or even serve as a great side to another main dish. I personally love eating this as is, as a whole pot meal as a Whole30, paleo, and vegan option.
If you are unfamiliar with hemp, there are endless health benefits from reducing inflammation to aded fiber in your diet. Another popular recipe on my blog, Swiss Chard Stir Fry with Hemp Tofu, has some outlined added benefits to using hemp as a food source.
I love this recipe because it’s a quick one to make, is made all in one dish, and can even be dehydrated to take into the backcountry.
How to make Peach and Sweet Potato Bake with Hemp Hearts
You don’t need anything fancy to make this recipe! Just a few ingredients:
- sweet potatoes (any variety)
- hemp hearts
- coconut oil
First, preheat your oven to 350°F.
First, peel your sweet potatoes and chop them into cubes. I normally leave them about 1/2″ thick. Place the chopped sweet potatoes on a tray.
Next, cut up your peaches and also cut them into 1/2″ cubes. Place them on the tray with the sweet potatoes.
Chop up some kale. I used frozen kale from my freezer, and loved how it turned out. Add the chopped kale to the tray.
Next, melt the coconut oil in the microwave and drizzle it over the tray. Stir the contents of the tray so that they are evenly coated in the coconut oil. Place the tray in the oven for about 45 minutes to an hour, stirring it every 15-20 minutes or so. The potatoes should be cooked all the way through.
Once the potatoes have cooked, remove the tray from the oven and sprinkle the content with the hemp hearts. Enjoy!
How to dehydrate the Peach and Sweet Potato Bake with Hemp Hearts
This meal is a great option for the backcountry! I usually take whatever leftovers I have and dehydrate them in my Air Fryer Oven. Spread the contents on a tray lined with parchment paper. Using the dehydrating setting, cook the bake at 170°F for about 6-8 hours, depending on how thick you cut your potatoes and peaches. The contents are completely dehydrated when all pieces are brittle.
To rehydrate, soak the contents in water overnight. The next morning, heat using a backpacking stove or eat it cold. I love rehydrating this and eating it with some rehydrated coconut milk to give it more of a cereal feel! Enjoy!
Peach and Sweet Potato Bake with Hemp Hearts (Paleo, Whole30, Vegan)
- Dehydrator (optional)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (any variety)
- 4 medium peaches (any variety)
- 3 cups loosely packed chopped kale
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Peel your sweet potatoes and chop them into 1/2" cubes.
- Cut up the peaches into 1/2" cubes.
- Add both the peaches and the sweet potatoes to a tray. Add in the chopped kale.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and drizzle it over the peaches, sweet potatoes, and kale.
- Sprinkle the salt over the tray and mix everything so that it is all evenly coated with the coconut oil and salt.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the sweet potatoes have cooked through.
- Once the sweet potatoes have cooked through, remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the hemp hearts over the top of the tray and serve. Enjoy!